What You'll Need:
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
- Plastic spatula
- Parchment paper
- Glassine baking bag (optional)
- Cookie sheet
- Marie's gluten-free French bread mix
- Cooking oil (olive or canola)
- Rice flour
Prepare the Dough:
- In large mixing bowl, add 1.5 cups gluten-free flour mix.
- Add 1 cup of warm water (100-115 F).
- Stir with a plastic spatula until combined and all gluten-free flour is wet (do not over stir).
- Set aside and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Beat vigorously for about 50 strokes.
- Lay the dough on parchment paper that has been sprayed with cooking oil.
- Using a spoon or spatula (that you wet every 3 or 4 strokes in water), shape the dough into a smooth oblong loaf about 2’ long x 2” diameter x 1.5” high.
- With a sharp knife, make 3 /s about 1/4" deep on top of bread.
- Dust with rice flour.
- Slide the dough into glassine baking bag, or loosely staple/seal the parchment paper to make sure no air gets in.
- Let the bread rise 45 minutes in a warm room away from any cold drafts.
Bake the Bread:
Preheat over to 425 F. Bake 90 minutes in bag or parchment on cookie sheet.
Remove bread from the paper. Place on cooling rack so that no moisture is trapped underneath.
For best results, leave out on rack 12 hours (over night).
Enjoy the Bread:
Bread will be good for 2 days. Do not bag - just leave it out. You can also freeze it (whole or sliced) for using later.